Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook are some of the biggest players in the social media scene. Social media portals give people the chance to engage with brands, get better costumer service, connect online and share information in the blink of an eye. Here are some facts that you may not know.
- Twitter gets on average roughly 300,000 new users a day.
- Twiiter began as an SMS text service.
- The original name for the Twitter project was original was twttr.
- Over one third of Twitter users access Twitter on their phone.
- Linkedin has been around since 2003. That’s before Twitter and Facebook
- 80% of companies on Linkedin use it primarily to find new employees.
- One in twenty Linkedin profiles belong to Recruiters.
- The average Facebook user has roughly 130 friends.
- Over 70 translations are available on Facebook
- The majority of Facebook fans say they have become more selective about “liking” companies on Facebook
These facts were taken from various sources: